I love it when the horses notice the gate to their favourite paddock is open. They swiftly move up the hill into it. I also feel privileged enough to be able to provide them with the the 5 freedoms are (Animal Welfare Act 1999):
- Freedom from hunger and thirst (food and water) All animals need clean water and a well-balanced,
- Freedom from discomfort (shelter) ...
- Freedom from pain, injury, and disease (medical care) ...
- Freedom to behave naturally (exercise) ...
- Freedom from fear and distress (love and understanding)
How lucky am I!